Can I use Lortab if I have a history of prostate problems?

You may be able to take the prescription pain medication Lortab (hydrocodone and acetaminophen) if you have a history of prostate problems, such as an enlarged prostate (BPH), but you should tell your doctor about your medical condition before you start the drug. Your doctor is likely to monitor you closely while you're on Lortab.

Continue Learning about Analgesic

How do analgesics interact with other medications?
If you are taking certain medications, you should talk to your doctor before taking an analgesic. Th...
How does patient controlled analgesia work?
Patient controlled analgesia (PCA) allows a patient to control their own intake of painkillers in th...
Should I let my doctor know I am taking analgesics?
If you are planning on taking analgesics, you should talk to your doctor. In fact, you should always...
What are the risks of using opioid analgesics to treat pain?
Opioid analgesics, such as morphine and codeine, are the primary treatment for acute pain. A person ...