Can I use Lortab if I have a history of lung disease?

You may be able to take the prescription pain medication Lortab (hydrocodone and acetaminophen) if you have a history of lung (pulmonary) disease, but you should tell your doctor about your medical condition before you start the drug.

Lortab can slow breathing and suppress the cough reflex, which can be dangerous for someone with lung disease. If you take Lortab, your doctor is likely to monitor you closely. You should report any irregular or slowed breathing to your doctor right away.

Continue Learning about Analgesic

Who should not take analgesics?
You should not take analgesics or antipyretics if you are allergic to any element of these types of ...
What type of narcotics or opioid analgesics will I be given after surgery?
Stuart A. Linder, MDStuart A. Linder, MD
Most commonly in my practice is the use of a combination of acetaminophen and codeine. Vicodin is us...
What analgesic drugs may be prescribed for irritable bowel (IBS) symptoms?
William B. Salt II., MDWilliam B. Salt II., MD
Analgesic drugs that are used in treating irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) can be classified as non-na...
How do analgesics interact with other medications?
If you are taking certain medications, you should talk to your doctor before taking an analgesic. Th...