Can I use Lortab if I have a history of lung disease?

You may be able to take the prescription pain medication Lortab (hydrocodone and acetaminophen) if you have a history of lung (pulmonary) disease, but you should tell your doctor about your medical condition before you start the drug.

Lortab can slow breathing and suppress the cough reflex, which can be dangerous for someone with lung disease. If you take Lortab, your doctor is likely to monitor you closely. You should report any irregular or slowed breathing to your doctor right away.

Continue Learning about Analgesic

What analgesic drugs may be prescribed for irritable bowel (IBS) symptoms?
William B. Salt II., MDWilliam B. Salt II., MD
Analgesic drugs that are used in treating irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) can be classified as non-na...
How can analgesics relieve cold symptoms?
An analgesic is a type of medication used to relieve pain, including pain related to the cold or flu...
What are analgesics?
National Kidney FoundationNational Kidney Foundation
Analgesics are medicines that help to control pain and reduce fever; some types also decrease inflam...
What are the side effects of analgesics?
Analgesics can cause a variety of side effects. These side effects include allergic symptoms like h...