Can I use Lortab if I have a history of liver disease?

You may be able to take the prescription pain medication Lortab (hydrocodone and acetaminophen) if you have a history of liver disease, but you should tell your doctor about your medical condition before you start the drug. Your doctor may decide that it's not safe for you to take Lortab; if your doctor does prescribe it, he or she is likely to monitor you closely. Be sure not to take more of the drug, or take it more frequently, than your doctor prescribed. Getting too much acetaminophen is particularly dangerous for people with liver problems.

Continue Learning about Analgesic

What are analgesics?
National Kidney FoundationNational Kidney Foundation
Analgesics are medicines that help to control pain and reduce fever; some types also decrease inflam...
Should I let my doctor know I am taking analgesics?
If you are planning on taking analgesics, you should talk to your doctor. In fact, you should always...
How does patient controlled analgesia work?
Patient controlled analgesia (PCA) allows a patient to control their own intake of painkillers in th...
How can analgesics relieve flu symptoms?
An analgesic is a type of medication used to relieve pain, including pain related to the cold or fl...