Can I use Lortab if I have a history of liver disease?

You may be able to take the prescription pain medication Lortab (hydrocodone and acetaminophen) if you have a history of liver disease, but you should tell your doctor about your medical condition before you start the drug. Your doctor may decide that it's not safe for you to take Lortab; if your doctor does prescribe it, he or she is likely to monitor you closely. Be sure not to take more of the drug, or take it more frequently, than your doctor prescribed. Getting too much acetaminophen is particularly dangerous for people with liver problems.

Continue Learning about Analgesic

What are the side effects of analgesics?
Analgesics can cause a variety of side effects. These side effects include allergic symptoms like h...
What are the risks of using opioid analgesics to treat pain?
Opioid analgesics, such as morphine and codeine, are the primary treatment for acute pain. A person ...
How effective is capsaicin?
There is no solid evidence that the over-the-counter capsaicin creams are effective for chronic neur...
What analgesic drugs may be prescribed for irritable bowel (IBS) symptoms?
William B. Salt II., MDWilliam B. Salt II., MD
Analgesic drugs that are used in treating irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) can be classified as non-na...