Can I use Lortab if I have a history of liver disease?

You may be able to take the prescription pain medication Lortab (hydrocodone and acetaminophen) if you have a history of liver disease, but you should tell your doctor about your medical condition before you start the drug. Your doctor may decide that it's not safe for you to take Lortab; if your doctor does prescribe it, he or she is likely to monitor you closely. Be sure not to take more of the drug, or take it more frequently, than your doctor prescribed. Getting too much acetaminophen is particularly dangerous for people with liver problems.

Continue Learning about Analgesic

how should i take analgesics ?
Because there are so many different types and combinations of analgesics, there are also many differ...
what are the side effects of analgesics ?
Analgesics can cause a variety of side effects. These side effects include allergic symptoms like h...
how can analgesics relieve cold symptoms ?
An analgesic is a type of medication used to relieve pain, including pain related to the cold or flu...
what should i avoid while taking analgesics ?
Until you know how you will react to analgesics, you should not drive or operate any heavy machinery...