Can I use Lortab if I have a history of kidney disease?

You may be able to take the prescription pain medication Lortab (hydrocodone and acetaminophen) if you have a history of kidney (renal) disease, but you should tell your doctor about your medical condition before you start the drug. Your doctor may decide that it's not safe for you to take Lortab; if your doctor does prescribe it, he or she is likely to monitor you closely.

Continue Learning about Analgesic

How do analgesics relieve foot pain?
An analgesic is used to relieve pain, including pain related to your feet. Acetaminophen is the ...
How can analgesics relieve cold symptoms?
An analgesic is a type of medication used to relieve pain, including pain related to the cold or flu...
Can I take painkillers if I have asthma?
Embeda If you have severe asthma or are experiencing an acute attack of asthma, you should not use E...
What are the side effects of analgesics?
Debra Fulghum Bruce PhDDebra Fulghum Bruce PhD
Analgesics, including aspirin and acetaminophen, are medications used to treat pain. They can al...