Can I use Lortab if I have a history of Addison's disease?

You may be able to take the prescription pain medication Lortab (hydrocodone and acetaminophen) if you have a history of Addison's disease, but you should tell your doctor about your medical condition before you start the drug. Addison's disease affects the adrenal glands, causing them to not make enough of the hormones they normally produce. If your doctor says you can take Lortab, he or she will monitor you closely.

Continue Learning about Analgesic

Should I let my doctor know I am taking analgesics?
If you are planning on taking analgesics, you should talk to your doctor. In fact, you should always...
Who should not take analgesics?
You should not take analgesics or antipyretics if you are allergic to any element of these types of ...
What are the side effects of analgesics?
Analgesics can cause a variety of side effects. These side effects include allergic symptoms like h...
How effective is capsaicin?
There is no solid evidence that the over-the-counter capsaicin creams are effective for chronic neur...