Can I use Lortab if I am breastfeeding?

Experts say you shouldn't take the prescription pain medication Lortab (hydrocodone and acetaminophen) while you're breastfeeding. Researchers don't know if hydrocodone passes into breast milk, but it could be dangerous to a nursing baby if it does. Talk to your doctor about whether you should wean your baby in order to take Lortab for your moderate to moderately severe pain, or whether it would be better for you to take a different approach to managing your pain.

Continue Learning about Analgesic

How can analgesics relieve cold symptoms?
An analgesic is a type of medication used to relieve pain, including pain related to the cold or flu...
How effective is capsaicin?
There is no solid evidence that the over-the-counter capsaicin creams are effective for chronic neur...
What are the side effects of analgesics?
Analgesics can cause a variety of side effects. These side effects include allergic symptoms like h...
What analgesic drugs may be prescribed for irritable bowel (IBS) symptoms?
William B. Salt II., MDWilliam B. Salt II., MD
Analgesic drugs that are used in treating irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) can be classified as non-na...