Can I use Lortab if I am breastfeeding?

Experts say you shouldn't take the prescription pain medication Lortab (hydrocodone and acetaminophen) while you're breastfeeding. Researchers don't know if hydrocodone passes into breast milk, but it could be dangerous to a nursing baby if it does. Talk to your doctor about whether you should wean your baby in order to take Lortab for your moderate to moderately severe pain, or whether it would be better for you to take a different approach to managing your pain.

Continue Learning about Analgesic

can i take painkillers if i have asthma ?
Embeda If you have severe asthma or are experiencing an acute attack of asthma, you should not use E...
what type of narcotics or opioid analgesics will i be given after surgery ?
Stuart A. Linder, MDStuart A. Linder, MD
Most commonly in my practice is the use of a combination of acetaminophen and codeine. Vicodin is us...
how can analgesics relieve cold symptoms ?
An analgesic is a type of medication used to relieve pain, including pain related to the cold or flu...
how does patient controlled analgesia work ?
Patient controlled analgesia (PCA) allows a patient to control their own intake of painkillers in th...