Can I drink alcohol if I take Xodol?

You should not drink alcohol if you are taking Xodol (hydrocodone and acetaminophen), a drug prescribed to relieve moderate to moderately severe pain. In combination with the acetaminophen in Xodol, alcohol may damage your liver. Alcohol may also dangerously increase the effects of Xodol.

Continue Learning about Analgesic

What are the risks of using opioid analgesics to treat pain?
Opioid analgesics, such as morphine and codeine, are the primary treatment for acute pain. A person ...
Who should not take analgesics?
You should not take analgesics or antipyretics if you are allergic to any element of these types of ...
What type of narcotics or opioid analgesics will I be given after surgery?
Stuart A. Linder, MDStuart A. Linder, MD
Most commonly in my practice is the use of a combination of acetaminophen and codeine. Vicodin is us...
What should I avoid while taking analgesics?
Until you know how you will react to analgesics, you should not drive or operate any heavy machinery...