Can I drink alcohol if I take Xodol?

You should not drink alcohol if you are taking Xodol (hydrocodone and acetaminophen), a drug prescribed to relieve moderate to moderately severe pain. In combination with the acetaminophen in Xodol, alcohol may damage your liver. Alcohol may also dangerously increase the effects of Xodol.

Continue Learning about Analgesic

What are the side effects of analgesics?
Analgesics can cause a variety of side effects. These side effects include allergic symptoms like h...
What type of narcotics or opioid analgesics will I be given after surgery?
Stuart A. Linder, MDStuart A. Linder, MD
Most commonly in my practice is the use of a combination of acetaminophen and codeine. Vicodin is us...
Who should not take analgesics?
You should not take analgesics or antipyretics if you are allergic to any element of these types of ...
How can analgesics relieve cold symptoms?
An analgesic is a type of medication used to relieve pain, including pain related to the cold or flu...