Can I use Demerol if I have a history of low blood pressure?

If you have a history of low blood pressure (hypotension), tell your doctor before taking Demerol (meperidine). Demerol is a narcotic drug used to treat moderate to severe pain that depresses the central nervous system. It can worsen low blood pressure.

Continue Learning about Analgesic

How effective is capsaicin?
There is no solid evidence that the over-the-counter capsaicin creams are effective for chronic neur...
What are analgesics?
National Kidney FoundationNational Kidney Foundation
Analgesics are medicines that help to control pain and reduce fever; some types also decrease inflam...
What are the risks of using opioid analgesics to treat pain?
Opioid analgesics, such as morphine and codeine, are the primary treatment for acute pain. A person ...
Who should not take analgesics?
You should not take analgesics or antipyretics if you are allergic to any element of these types of ...