Can children take Ultracet?

Experts don't know whether the prescription pain medication Ultracet (tramadol and acetaminophen) is safe or effective in children and teenagers under 16, since it has not been studied in that age group. Doctors generally do not recommend using tramadol -- one of the ingredients in Ultracet -- in children and young teens. If your child is suffering from acute pain, contact your doctor to discuss the best treatment options for him or her.

Continue Learning about Analgesic

What are analgesics?
National Kidney FoundationNational Kidney Foundation
Analgesics are medicines that help to control pain and reduce fever; some types also decrease inflam...
How should I take analgesics?
Because there are so many different types and combinations of analgesics, there are also many differ...
How effective is capsaicin?
There is no solid evidence that the over-the-counter capsaicin creams are effective for chronic neur...
What type of narcotics or opioid analgesics will I be given after surgery?
Stuart A. Linder, MDStuart A. Linder, MD
Most commonly in my practice is the use of a combination of acetaminophen and codeine. Vicodin is us...