Can children take Ultracet?

Experts don't know whether the prescription pain medication Ultracet (tramadol and acetaminophen) is safe or effective in children and teenagers under 16, since it has not been studied in that age group. Doctors generally do not recommend using tramadol -- one of the ingredients in Ultracet -- in children and young teens. If your child is suffering from acute pain, contact your doctor to discuss the best treatment options for him or her.

Continue Learning about Analgesic

How do analgesics interact with other medications?
If you are taking certain medications, you should talk to your doctor before taking an analgesic. Th...
What type of narcotics or opioid analgesics will I be given after surgery?
Stuart A. Linder, MDStuart A. Linder, MD
Most commonly in my practice is the use of a combination of acetaminophen and codeine. Vicodin is us...
How does patient controlled analgesia work?
Patient controlled analgesia (PCA) allows a patient to control their own intake of painkillers in th...
What are the side effects of analgesics?
Debra Fulghum Bruce PhDDebra Fulghum Bruce PhD
Analgesics, including aspirin and acetaminophen, are medications used to treat pain. They can al...