What should I avoid while taking analgesics?

Until you know how you will react to analgesics, you should not drive or operate any heavy machinery. If you are taking certain medications, you should talk to your doctor before taking an analgesic. These medications include blood thinners, seizure medications, other acetaminophens, other cold medications, and phenothiazines. Before you begin taking this or any other medication you should speak with your doctor about possible drug interactions.

Continue Learning about Analgesic

What analgesic drugs may be prescribed for irritable bowel (IBS) symptoms?
William B. Salt II., MDWilliam B. Salt II., MD
Analgesic drugs that are used in treating irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) can be classified as non-na...
How effective is capsaicin?
There is no solid evidence that the over-the-counter capsaicin creams are effective for chronic neur...
What type of narcotics or opioid analgesics will I be given after surgery?
Stuart A. Linder, MDStuart A. Linder, MD
Most commonly in my practice is the use of a combination of acetaminophen and codeine. Vicodin is us...
What are the risks of using opioid analgesics to treat pain?
Opioid analgesics, such as morphine and codeine, are the primary treatment for acute pain. A person ...