What should I avoid while taking Pamprin Multi-symptom?

It is important to avoid drinking alcohol while taking Pamprin Multi-Symptom. Alcohol can increase side effects such as drowsiness, and, when combined with acetaminophen in the medication, can increase your risk of liver damage. Check with your doctor before you take Pamprin Multi-Symptom if you consume three or more alcoholic beverages a day.

To decrease risk of acetaminophen overdose, you should avoid taking other medications containing acetaminophen while taking Pamprin Multi-Symptom. If you must use these medications, know their acetaminophen content so you do not take more than four grams or acetaminophen -- or 4000 milligrams (mg) -- in a day (including the 500 mg in each Pamprin Multi-Symptom caplet). If you take too much acetaminophen, contact a Poison Control Center immediately, even if you do not experience any symptoms.

Until you know how your body reacts to this medication, you should also avoid driving or other strenuous activities while taking Pamprin Multi-Symptom.

Continue Learning about Analgesic

Should I let my doctor know I am taking analgesics?
If you are planning on taking analgesics, you should talk to your doctor. In fact, you should always...
How can analgesics relieve cold symptoms?
An analgesic is a type of medication used to relieve pain, including pain related to the cold or flu...
What type of narcotics or opioid analgesics will I be given after surgery?
Stuart A. Linder, MDStuart A. Linder, MD
Most commonly in my practice is the use of a combination of acetaminophen and codeine. Vicodin is us...
Who should not take analgesics?
You should not take analgesics or antipyretics if you are allergic to any element of these types of ...