How can analgesics relieve cold symptoms?

An analgesic is a type of medication used to relieve pain, including pain related to the cold or flu. Acetaminophen is the most common form of analgesic. It helps relieve pain by changing the way the body recognizes pain or discomfort. Analgesics like acetaminophen, aspirin, and ibuprofen are also fever reducers.

Continue Learning about Analgesic

What are analgesics?
National Kidney FoundationNational Kidney Foundation
Analgesics are medicines that help to control pain and reduce fever; some types also decrease inflam...
What are the risks of using opioid analgesics to treat pain?
Opioid analgesics, such as morphine and codeine, are the primary treatment for acute pain. A person ...
Should I let my doctor know I am taking analgesics?
If you are planning on taking analgesics, you should talk to your doctor. In fact, you should always...
Who should not take analgesics?
You should not take analgesics or antipyretics if you are allergic to any element of these types of ...