What is acetaminophen-butalbital-caffeine?

Acetaminophen-butalbital-caffeine is a prescription medication used to treat tension headaches. The medication comes in capsule or tablet form and can be taken every four hours as necessary. Acetaminophen-butalbital-caffeine is available under a variety of brand names, including Amaphen, Anoquan, Butace, Endolor, Esgic, Fioricet, Medigesic and Repan. Although it is not completely known how acetaminophen-butalbital-caffeine treats tension headaches, the medication can be habit-forming and should only be taken as prescribed. Generic forms of acetaminophen-butalbital-caffeine are available. Talk to your doctor to see if this medication is right for you.

Continue Learning about Analgesic

How can analgesics relieve flu symptoms?
An analgesic is a type of medication used to relieve pain, including pain related to the cold or fl...
How can analgesics relieve cold symptoms?
An analgesic is a type of medication used to relieve pain, including pain related to the cold or flu...
How do analgesics relieve foot pain?
An analgesic is used to relieve pain, including pain related to your feet. Acetaminophen is the ...
Can I take painkillers if I have asthma?
Embeda If you have severe asthma or are experiencing an acute attack of asthma, you should not use E...