What should know about hydrocodone and acetaminophen?

You should know that taking hydrocodone-acetaminophen in excess can lead to mental and physical addiction. Also, the longer you take the drug the more likely you are to build up a tolerance to it; meaning that the previously prescribed dose will no longer be as effective as it was at first. Before starting the medication tell your doctor if you have a history of liver or kidney problems, an underactive thyroid gland, Addison's disease, an enlarged prostate or narrowing of the urethra. Your doctor should also know if you have a history of alcoholism, substance abuse, seizures, head or brain injuries or psychiatric problems. Elderly people, people with lung conditions and those with poor health in general, should use hydrocodone-acetaminophen with caution, since it can slow breathing. It can also cause problems diagnosing and treating certain abdominal disorders. Never take more than four grams of the acetaminophen component in a day.

Continue Learning about Analgesic

Can I take painkillers if I have asthma?
Embeda If you have severe asthma or are experiencing an acute attack of asthma, you should not use E...
What are analgesics?
National Kidney FoundationNational Kidney Foundation
Analgesics are medicines that help to control pain and reduce fever; some types also decrease inflam...
How should I take analgesics?
Because there are so many different types and combinations of analgesics, there are also many differ...
How do analgesics relieve foot pain?
An analgesic is used to relieve pain, including pain related to your feet. Acetaminophen is the ...