What are the side effects of oxandrolone?

Oxandrolone may cause serious liver issues. Side effects that may indicate liver damage include jaundice, light colored stools and darker urine, abdominal pain, nausea, vomiting, and fatigue. It is possible to have an allergic reaction to oxandrolone. If you have difficulty breathing, have swelling in your mouth or face, get hives, or you feel like your throat is closing up and you can't talk, get emergency medical assistance. If you have COPD and do not respond to bronchodilators, your doctor will monitor you closely for fluid retention and worsening of COPD. Some hormonal side effects could occur in women taking oxandrolone, including changes in the voice, hair loss or growth (particularly on the face), menstrual changes, and enlargement of the clitoris. Men might experience sensitivity or growth in their breast tissue, decreased fertility, pain in the testes, and uncontrolled or frequent erections. Both sexes may find a change in their sex drives. Additional, uncommon but very serious side effects may include the following: bone pain, confusion, extreme thirst, frequent urination, muscle twitches or weakness, pain on your side, pain or difficulty with urination, slowed heartbeat, swelling of the extremities, tingling in arms or legs, and a weakness or heaviness in the legs. Acne, constipation, depression, headache, nervousness, and difficulty sleeping are the more minor side effects that may also occur when taking oxandrolone. If these continue for an extended period of time, or if you have any of the other side effects, call your doctor.

Continue Learning about Anabolic Steroid

How do anabolic steroids differ from corticosteroids?
Anthony L. Komaroff, MDAnthony L. Komaroff, MD
The steroids that athletes (and athlete wannabes) use and abuse to get stronger are anabolic ste...
What are the side effects of anabolic steroids?
Anabolic steroids can cause a variety of side effects, some of which may be serious. Seek emerg...
How will taking steroids for my asthma affect my sinusitis?
Lawrence T. Chiaramonte, MDLawrence T. Chiaramonte, MD
Sinusitis is a condition where the paradox of allergic inflammation applies, specifically that g...
What should I know about anabolic steroids before taking them?
Before taking anabolic steroids, you should know that it is very important that you only use thi...