How do I take anabolic steroids?

Depending upon the type and purpose, anabolic steroids come in various forms:
  • Oxandrolone for weight gain or rebuilding tissues after injury is in the form of tablets taken by mouth.
  • Oxymetholone for treating anemia is in the form of tablets taken by mouth.
  • Testosterone works by replacing or adding to the male hormone testosterone that is naturally found in the body. It is available as an injection, gel, patch or implant.

Continue Learning about Anabolic Steroid

What should I know about the steroids used in asthma medication?
Intermountain Registered DietitiansIntermountain Registered Dietitians
The inhaled corticosteroids (ICS) you take for your asthma are quite safe, even for young children. ...
How do anabolic steroids differ from corticosteroids?
Anthony L. Komaroff, MDAnthony L. Komaroff, MD
The steroids that athletes (and athlete wannabes) use and abuse to get stronger are anabolic ste...
What are the side effects of anabolic steroids?
Anabolic steroids can cause a variety of side effects, some of which may be serious. Seek emerg...
Who should not take anabolic steroids?
Because there is a risk of liver damage when taking anabolic steroids, people with liver disease...