How do I take anabolic steroids?

Depending upon the type and purpose, anabolic steroids come in various forms:
  • Oxandrolone for weight gain or rebuilding tissues after injury is in the form of tablets taken by mouth.
  • Oxymetholone for treating anemia is in the form of tablets taken by mouth.
  • Testosterone works by replacing or adding to the male hormone testosterone that is naturally found in the body. It is available as an injection, gel, patch or implant.

Continue Learning about Anabolic Steroid

Who should not take anabolic steroids?
Because there is a risk of liver damage when taking anabolic steroids, people with liver disease...
What should I know about anabolic steroids before taking them?
Before taking anabolic steroids, you should know that it is very important that you only use thi...
What should I know about the steroids used in asthma medication?
Dr. Deborah L. Neiman, MDDr. Deborah L. Neiman, MD
Azmacort is a medication called an inhaled corticosteroid—what it does is reduce the inflammation fr...
What are anabolic steroids?
Anabolic steroids are natural or synthetic derivatives of the sex hormone testosterone. Anabolic ste...