Why should I join an amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS) support group?

You should join an amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS) support group for support, advice and discussion. It can be informative and comforting to speak with people who have the same condition as you.

Continue Learning about Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS)

What increases my risk for amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS)?
Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS) occurs most often in men between ages 40 and 70, with an average...
Is amyotrophic lateral sclerosis serious?
Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS) is a progressive and ultimately fatal disease. As motor neurons ...
What is the prognosis for ALS (Lou Gehrig's disease)?
Discovery HealthDiscovery Health
Generally, once a person is diagnosed with ALS, the average survival time is three to five years. I...
Why is amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS) called Lou Gehrig's disease?
HCA VirginiaHCA Virginia
In 1865, Jean-Martin Charcot, who is considered to be the father of neurology, described a person wi...