Should I talk my doctor about symptoms of amyotrophic lateral sclerosis?

You should call your doctor if you notice the early symptoms of amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS), such as random twitching and difficulty moving your hands and feet. If one of your parents had or has ALS, medical attention is especially advisable. You should take notes and try to be as specific as possible when you describe your symptoms to your doctor.

Continue Learning about Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS)

Know Your Risk: ALS in Hawaii
Know Your Risk: ALS in Hawaii
A few years ago, you may have been captivated by viral videos, Facebook callouts and images of local celebrities, like Jake Shimabukuro or Lee Ann Won...
What does the word amyotrophic mean?
Discovery HealthDiscovery Health
The word amyotrophic, when broken down, means muscle nourishment-with "myo" meaning muscle and "trop...
What causes amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS)?
HCA VirginiaHCA Virginia
Over the years, a host of factors have been thought to increase the risk of acquiring amyotrophic la...
What is the prognosis for ALS (Lou Gehrig's disease)?
Discovery HealthDiscovery Health
Generally, once a person is diagnosed with ALS, the average survival time is three to five years. I...