Should I talk my doctor about symptoms of amyotrophic lateral sclerosis?

You should call your doctor if you notice the early symptoms of amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS), such as random twitching and difficulty moving your hands and feet. If one of your parents had or has ALS, medical attention is especially advisable. You should take notes and try to be as specific as possible when you describe your symptoms to your doctor.

Continue Learning about Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS)

Know Your Risk: ALS in Hawaii
Know Your Risk: ALS in Hawaii
A few years ago, you may have been captivated by viral videos, Facebook callouts and images of local celebrities, like Jake Shimabukuro or Lee Ann Won...
Read More
What increases my risk for amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS)?
Sigma NursingSigma Nursing
Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS) occurs most often in men between ages 40 and 70, with an average...
More Answers
What is amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS), or Lou Gehrig's disease?
UCLA HealthUCLA Health
Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS), sometimes called Lou Gehrig's  disease, is a rapidly progressiv...
More Answers
How do I care for someone with amyotrophic lateral sclerosis?
Honor Society of Nursing (STTI)Honor Society of Nursing (STTI)
If you know someone with amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS), they will almost certainly benefit fro...
More Answers

Important: This content reflects information from various individuals and organizations and may offer alternative or opposing points of view. It should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. As always, you should consult with your healthcare provider about your specific health needs.