How do I manage amyotrophic lateral sclerosis on a daily basis?

It is true that amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS) is a serious and ultimately fatal disease. However, your attitude to the disease goes a long way in determining how it will affect your body and mind. You should remember that it is possible to slow the progress of ALS by following through on treatment plans, like medication and therapy. Family and friends, along with support groups, can provide you with valuable emotional support. ALS will not destroy your sense of self unless you let it.

Continue Learning about Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS)

Know Your Risk: ALS in Hawaii
Know Your Risk: ALS in Hawaii
A few years ago, you may have been captivated by viral videos, Facebook callouts and images of local celebrities, like Jake Shimabukuro or Lee Ann Won...
What is amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS), or Lou Gehrig's disease?
UCLA HealthUCLA Health
Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS), sometimes called Lou Gehrig's  disease, is a rapidly progressiv...
Are there promising breakthroughs regarding ALS?
Discovery HealthDiscovery Health
Researchers are hard at work, searching for new ways to prevent and combat ALS.Here are some areas t...
Why should I join an amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS) support group?
You should join an amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS) support group for support, advice and discuss...