How can I avoid fatigue caused by amyotrophic lateral sclerosis?

Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS) makes muscle movements more difficult and can cause you to get tired more easily than you used to. There are some lifestyle strategies you can use to reduce fatigue. Try to schedule your day lightly and avoid putting yourself in situations where you have to rush from one thing to another. Get yourself a disabled parking permit. Use the internet (or friend and family proxies) to do your shopping, rather than heading out to the store. Find out if there are people in your area doing community service for people with ALS; if there are, get those people to do some chores for you.

Continue Learning about Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS)

Know Your Risk: ALS in Hawaii
Know Your Risk: ALS in Hawaii
A few years ago, you may have been captivated by viral videos, Facebook callouts and images of local celebrities, like Jake Shimabukuro or Lee Ann Won...
How do I care for someone with amyotrophic lateral sclerosis?
If you know someone with amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS), they will almost certainly benefit fro...
What should I discuss with my doctor if I have been diagnosed with ALS?
If you have been diagnosed with amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS) you should discuss with your doc...
Is amyotrophic lateral sclerosis serious?
Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS) is a progressive and ultimately fatal disease. As motor neurons ...