While ALS can have a devastating physical affect on the body, it does not affect one's intellectual reasoning, vision, hearing or sense of taste, smell, and touch. In most cases, sexual, bowel, and bladder functions are also unaffected.
- Q How does amyotrophic lateral sclerosis affect the body?
- Q What does the word amyotrophic mean?
- Q Are there promising breakthroughs regarding ALS?
- Q What are the types of amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS)?
- Q Is amyotrophic lateral sclerosis serious?
- Q How common is amyotrophic lateral sclerosis?