While ALS can have a devastating physical affect on the body, it does not affect one's intellectual reasoning, vision, hearing or sense of taste, smell, and touch. In most cases, sexual, bowel, and bladder functions are also unaffected.
- Q Is amyotrophic lateral sclerosis serious?
- Q What is amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS), or Lou Gehrig's disease?
- Q Does amyotrophic lateral sclerosis affect my emotions?
- Q How common is amyotrophic lateral sclerosis?
- Q What is the link between fasciculation and Lou Gherig's disease (ALS)?
- Q What does the word amyotrophic mean?