While ALS can have a devastating physical affect on the body, it does not affect one's intellectual reasoning, vision, hearing or sense of taste, smell, and touch. In most cases, sexual, bowel, and bladder functions are also unaffected.
- Q What does the word amyotrophic mean?
- Q Is amyotrophic lateral sclerosis serious?
- Q How does amyotrophic lateral sclerosis affect the body?
- Q Why does amyotrophic lateral sclerosis cause speech problems?
- Q Does amyotrophic lateral sclerosis affect my emotions?
- Q What is the link between fasciculation and Lou Gherig's disease (ALS)?