While ALS can have a devastating physical affect on the body, it does not affect one's intellectual reasoning, vision, hearing or sense of taste, smell, and touch. In most cases, sexual, bowel, and bladder functions are also unaffected.
- Q What is the link between fasciculation and Lou Gherig's disease (ALS)?
- Q Why is amyotrophic lateral sclerosis fatal?
- Q What are the types of amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS)?
- Q Does amyotrophic lateral sclerosis affect my emotions?
- Q Why does amyotrophic lateral sclerosis cause speech problems?
- Q What is the prognosis for ALS (Lou Gehrig's disease)?