Should I talk to my doctor about amnesia?

Consult your doctor if you are experiencing memory loss to help determine the cause and deal with the effects. Memory loss may be caused by anything from a bump on the head to a stroke, and it can resolve within seconds or last much longer. Confirming the type of amnesia you are suffering from is as important as ruling out underlying conditions like Alzheimer's or a brain tumor. Because amnesia may affect your ability to form new memories, it is important to seek prompt medical attention.

Continue Learning about Amnesia

How does amnesia affect the body?
Amnesia usually has no long-term affects on the body, but it may wreak havoc on the personal and soc...
Are there complications to dissociative amnesia?
Because those with dissociative amnesia are suffering from trauma, they are at increased risk for co...
Are dementia and amnesia the same thing?
NorthShore University HealthSystemNorthShore University HealthSystem
Amnesia is memory loss that involves the inability to recall information, events, or facts. Amnesia ...
Is amnesia a common condition?
Amnesia is not a common condition. Amnesia most often results from damage to the brain in the areas ...