How do I manage my amnesia on a daily basis?

Depending on the cause, managing amnesia may resolve on its own or involve therapy or lifestyle changes. Transient global amnesia is temporary, and for most people, it occurs only once. Memory training with an occupational therapist can help you to replace lost memory or to organize information to promote memory. For cases of dissociative amnesia, continuing psychotherapy can help you to resolve issues that led to the disorder.Wernicke-Korsakoff syndrome may be managed with medications.

Continue Learning about Amnesia

What do I need to know about caring for someone with amnesia?
Caring for someone with amnesia may be frustrating at times. Depending on the extent of the amnesia,...
Can amnesia be life-threatening?
Most forms of amnesia, especially those that fade quickly, will not seriously harm the body. Wernick...
How does amnesia affect the body?
Amnesia usually has no long-term affects on the body, but it may wreak havoc on the personal and soc...
What is dissociative amnesia?
Dissociative amnesia is a disorder that occurs when a person who has suffered a trauma, usually in c...