How do I manage my amnesia on a daily basis?

Depending on the cause, managing amnesia may resolve on its own or involve therapy or lifestyle changes. Transient global amnesia is temporary, and for most people, it occurs only once. Memory training with an occupational therapist can help you to replace lost memory or to organize information to promote memory. For cases of dissociative amnesia, continuing psychotherapy can help you to resolve issues that led to the disorder.Wernicke-Korsakoff syndrome may be managed with medications.

Continue Learning about Amnesia

What is transient global amnesia?
Steven A. Meyers, MDSteven A. Meyers, MD
Transient global amnesia is a condition where a person suddenly is unable to form new memories for a...
What is retrograde amnesia?
Discovery HealthDiscovery Health
Retrograde amnesia is a condition in which someone is unable to recall stored memories, such as thei...
What is anterograde amnesia?
Discovery HealthDiscovery Health
Someone who is suffering from anterograde amnesia is unable to recall incidents that occur after the...
How does amnesia affect the body?
Amnesia usually has no long-term affects on the body, but it may wreak havoc on the personal and soc...