Is there a cure for primary amenorrhea?

Depending on the cause of primary amenorrhea, a cure may be possible. Primary amenorrhea that is caused by tumors, weight problems, malnutrition, hormonal issues, reproductive malformation, and some long-term illnesses can be cured once the underlying condition is eliminated.

If primary amenorrhea is brought on by certain conditions, like Turner's syndrome, genetic disorders, and chromosomal abnormalities, a cure will not be available. In instances where a cure is not possible, medications exist that will help prevent harmful health consequences of low reproductive hormones. These include osteoporosis, early cardiovascular disease, and other issues.

Continue Learning about Amenorrhea

Should I talk to my doctor about my primary amenorrhea symptoms?
Sigma NursingSigma Nursing
The main symptom of primary amenorrhea is being over 16 years of age and not ever having started men...
What is amenorrhea?
Boston Women's Health Book CollectiveBoston Women's Health Book Collective
Some women experience the absence of menstrual periods or extremely light periods; this is called am...
Should I talk to my doctor about my amenorrhea?
Menstrual irregularities can be normal for the first few years of menstruation following puberty, bu...
What increases my risk for secondary amenorrhea?
Sigma NursingSigma Nursing
The probability of secondary amenorrhea is increased by weight, stress, overexercising, certain medi...