How do I manage my amblyopia on a daily basis?

Diana Meeks
Diana Meeks on behalf of Sigma Nursing

How you manage your amblyopia will depend on the severity of the condition. For many, wearing glasses or contacts can correct vision and allow for normal functioning. For others, placing eye drops in or an eye patch over the stronger eye for a few hours each day will treat the condition. As it blurs or blocks vision in the stronger eye it may prove more bothersome to regular functioning.

Continue Learning about Lazy Eye

How is a lazy eye (amblyopia) treated?
American Academy of Ophthalmology's EyeSmartAmerican Academy of Ophthalmology's EyeSmart
To correct amblyopia, a child must be made to use the weak eye. This is usually done by covering or ...
What do I need to know about caring for someone with amblyopia?
Amblyopia, or lazy eye, affects vision, so how you care for someone affected by the condition depend...
Can amblyopia be prevented?
Regular eye exams may prevent amblyopia, or lazy eye. Amblyopia can be caused by a number of other e...
What Are Some Basic Facts About Children's Eye Health?