What research supports diet in preventing Alzheimer's?

A revelatory study on lowering the risk of Alzheimer's disease by ingesting certain nutrients was published in the April 2010 issue of Archives of Neurology. The research, based on the dietary information of 2,148 subjects over age 65, suggests that a diet combining key superfoods may actually prevent Alzheimer's. The study is exciting since it comes on the heels of a recent National Institutes of Health panel highlighting the lack of evidence for the effect of mental stimulation, exercise, and individual dietary supplements in preventing the risk of Alzheimer's disease.

This content originally appeared on doctoroz.com

Continue Learning about Alzheimer's Disease Prevention

How can I prevent Alzheimer's disease?
Dr. Joseph M. Mercola, DODr. Joseph M. Mercola, DO
NOW is the time to start taking action to preserve your brain function. I believe my detailed guide...
How effective is the at-home SAGE Test at predicting Alzheimer's symptoms?
Richard Isaacson, MDRichard Isaacson, MD
The at-home SAGE Test is pretty effective when it comes to detecting early stage Alzheimer's symptom...
The Key Foods That Can Cut Your Alzheimer's Risk
Are Down Syndrome Therapies Similar to Alzehimer's Disease Therapies?