Is there a connection between Alzheimer’s disease and pesticide exposure?

A recent study showed a link between exposure to DDT (a pesticide) and increased risk of Alzheimer's disease. In this video, brain health expert Cynthia Green, PhD, discusses this connection, and what you can do at home to limit exposure to DDT.

Continue Learning about Alzheimer's Disease Causes

Type 3 Diabetes: The Alzheimer’s-Glucose Connection
Alzheimer’s disease is common and mysterious, well-documented and hidden. Though it affects an estimated 5.4 million Americans (5.3 million are 65 or ...
How can I reduce my risk of Alzheimer's disease?
Dr. Samuel E. Gandy, MDDr. Samuel E. Gandy, MD
In recent years, research has revealed several lines of evidence to support the hypothesis that chol...
Does aluminum play a role in the development of Alzheimer's?
David A. Merrill, MDDavid A. Merrill, MD
Aluminum was one of the early theories regarding the cause of Alzheimer's disease because of concern...
How Do We Treat Dementia?
How Do We Treat Dementia?