Why are some doctors resistant to alternative medicine?

Dr. David L. Katz, MD, MPH
Preventive Medicine
Some doctors and medical professionals are resistant to alternative medicine because there is often a lack of scientific evidence to support many of the modalities. In this video, I will discusse this concept.

Continue Learning about Alternative Medicine

How have doctors used leeches in the past?
It may surprise you to learn how doctors have used leeches to treat patients in the past. Watch...
Is there an alternative medicine to reduce a 20lb cyst?
William WienWilliam Wien
This question most likely refers to various types of large intra-pelvic or intra-abdominal cysts. Th...
How do rituals contribute to healing?
Deepak ChopraDeepak Chopra
Rituals such as chanting are a key element in mind/body medicine. In this video, I will explain how ...
What is the Slow Medicine Wheel of Health?
Michael B. Finkelstein, MDMichael B. Finkelstein, MD
Remember this nursery school song? The knee bone is connected to the thigh bone; the thigh bone is c...