Why are some doctors resistant to alternative medicine?

Dr. David L. Katz, MD, MPH
Preventive Medicine
Some doctors and medical professionals are resistant to alternative medicine because there is often a lack of scientific evidence to support many of the modalities. In this video, I will discusse this concept.

Doctors who practice conventional mainstream medicine are often very resistant to alternative medicine therapies. In this video, Dr. Oz explains why he has become more open-minded about alternative medicine.

Continue Learning about Alternative Medicine

The Insider’s Guide to Healthy Hawaii: What You Need to Know About the Medical Cannabis Program
Depending on whom you talk to, medical cannabis (also known as marijuana) is either a panacea for everything from cancer, to chronic pain, to epilepsy...
What should I consider when using alternative medical treatment?
Natasha Turner, NDNatasha Turner, ND
When using alternative medical treatments, you want to properly vet the practitioner you are seeing,...
Are practitioners of alternative medicine licensed?
Elissa MullenElissa Mullen
This is a very important question. Every Alternative Medical Field has a licensing process. Educatio...
Why Do People Turn to Alternative Medicine?