What are some natural treatments for a dry cough?

Maoshing Ni, PhD, LAc
Geriatric Medicine
These are some practical remedies to ease a dry cough:

1.Take a white pear, cut it in half, and then core it. Place crushed walnuts, a sprinkle of ground cinnamon, and drizzled honey into the core of the pear. Toast for five minutes before serving. You should eat this before bed.
2. Add maltose (sugar) to daikon and then steam. Eat this two or three times per day.
3. Drink dandelion and licorice tea. Another good one to try is scallion and basil tea.

Continue Learning about Alternative Medicine

Natural Ways to Ease Menopause Symptoms
Natural Ways to Ease Menopause Symptoms
Menopause, the time in a woman’s life when her menstrual cycle stops, typically starts after age 45. “The change,” as it’s commonly called, happens wh...
How can I reduce stress in the evening?
Michael B. Finkelstein, MDMichael B. Finkelstein, MD
Here are some ways to reduce stress in the evening. Avoid things that may cause you to feel energ...
What safety measures should I take during hyperbaric oxygen therapy?
NewYork-Presbyterian HospitalNewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
For your comfort and safety, please:Provide a complete list of all your current medications, includi...
How to Clear Your Mind While Washing the Dishes