What should I know before I get a cupping treatment?

Henry McCann, DAOM
Alternative & Complementary Medicine

Cupping, an ancient Chinese method for pain relief, is safe and effective when performed by a licensed acupuncturist. Oddly enough, though, you should think about your wardrobe when scheduling a cupping treatment. To find out why, watch this video featuring licensed acupuncturist and oriental medicine practitioner Dr. Henry McCann.

Continue Learning about Alternative Medicine

What is Slow Medicine?
What is Slow Medicine?
In a world of fast food, instant messages and 24/7 availability, most of us want quick answers, especially when it comes to  our health. Most of us, t...
Why do people turn to alternative medicine?
Chris KilhamChris Kilham
What is called "alternative medicine," like the use of herbs, for example, vastly pre-dates modern p...
How can I reduce stress in the afternoon?
Michael B. Finkelstein, MDMichael B. Finkelstein, MD
To reduce stress in the afternoon, take two or three minutes to write down five things for which you...
What Are the Natural Alternatives to Statins?