What is intravenous chelation therapy?

You may have read about a development called chelation therapy - basically an arterial Drano. In the process, a solution is injected into your veins, and it is supposed to bind with the calcium that hardens arterial plaque and subsequently clear it through your urine.

The theory that chelation therapy works to diminish the calcium in your plaque has never been proven, but there's anecdotal evidence that it can help clear arteries in some people. It's very enticing but still experimental. An even better Drano promises to be a new drug that is a super HDL called alpha-1-Milano. Look for it in the next few years if it passes the scientifically rigorous clinical trials.

You: Staying Young: The Owner's Manual for Extending Your Warranty

International bestselling authors of YOU: The Owner's Manual and YOU: On a Diet give you all the tools and know-how to stay young and defy the ageing process. Drawing lively parallels between your...

Continue Learning about Alternative Medicine

4 Home Remedies Your Mom Was Actually Right About
Try some honey for a cough. Gargle with salt water to relieve a sore throat. Load up on chicken soup to ease congestion. Odds are your mom suggested t...
Can karma affect my physical health?
Master Stephen CoMaster Stephen Co
Any discussion of karma naturally leads to questions about its effect on health. If all our thoughts...
What is alternative medicine?
Dr. Weil visits Dr. Oz to discuss how optimal wellness can be achieved through alternative medicine....
How Should I Eat to Keep My Chakras Balanced?