What is ACL injury rehabilitation?

Normal rehabilitation for an ACL (anterior cruciate ligament) varies from organization to organization and is very specific to each individual’s needs. In general, following reconstructive surgery, ACL rehab focuses on restoring range of motion, knee stability, lower extremity strength, and proprioception. Length of rehabilitation largely depends on severity of the ACL injury. Generally one can expect the rehabilitation process to take from two to twelve months before the athlete can return to play. Overall quality of recovery varies between individuals but some athletes may never return to their pre-injury state.

This answer provided for NATA by Loras College.

Continue Learning about Alternative Medicine

The Insider’s Guide to Healthy Hawaii: What You Need to Know About the Medical Cannabis Program
Depending on whom you talk to, medical cannabis (also known as marijuana) is either a panacea for everything from cancer, to chronic pain, to epilepsy...
What is natural healing?
Multiple Sclerosis FoundationMultiple Sclerosis Foundation
Natural healing is a multifaceted system of care, which is primarily gentle and non-invasive. Natura...
How do rituals contribute to healing?
Deepak ChopraDeepak Chopra
Rituals such as chanting are a key element in mind/body medicine. In this video, I will explain how ...
How Can Vastu Shastra Benefit My Health?