What are the natural alternatives to statins?

Joseph M. Mercola, DO
Family Medicine

Family Physician and Integrative Health Specialist Dr. Joe Mercola suggests some natural alternatives to statins. Watch Dr. Mercola's video for tips on overall health and wellness.

Barbara H. Roberts, MD

Natural alternatives to statins include adopting a healthy, plant-based diet (Mediterranean diet), as well as herbal remedies, like red rice yeast. In this video, cardiologist Barbara Roberts, MD, discusses some options and what to keep in mind.

Continue Learning about Alternative Medicine

Music Soothes the Soul...and So Much More
If I told you there is something that could reduce chronic pain, improve your mood, decrease blood pressure, help stroke recovery, lower your heart ra...
What is the importance of wellness-oriented medicine?
Dr. Robin Miller, MDDr. Robin Miller, MD
I believe that the importance of wellness-oriented medicine is that it takes a holistic approach to ...
What is ear seeding (ear beading)?
Dr. Daniel Hsu, DAOMDr. Daniel Hsu, DAOM
Ear seeds, or ear beads, are actual mustard seeds that are treated and placed on tape, which are the...
What Do Health Gurus Eat?
What Do Health Gurus Eat?