Should I stop taking natural remedies before I have surgery?

Because many natural products may increase the risk of bleeding, clinicians should ask their patients before surgery (including dental surgery) whether they use herbs or other natural products. Discontinuation of these products should be considered well before any surgical procedures.
This content originally appeared on doctoroz.com

Continue Learning about Alternative Medicine

The Insider’s Guide to Healthy Hawaii: What You Need to Know About the Medical Cannabis Program
Depending on whom you talk to, medical cannabis (also known as marijuana) is either a panacea for everything from cancer, to chronic pain, to epilepsy...
How can I reduce stress in the evening?
Michael B. Finkelstein, MDMichael B. Finkelstein, MD
Here are some ways to reduce stress in the evening. Avoid things that may cause you to feel energ...
What is cupping?
Dr. Henry McCann, DAOMDr. Henry McCann, DAOM
Cupping is an ancient Chinese therapy that can help relieve various kinds of pain. To learn more, wa...
Why Have Insurance Companies Been So Slow to Adopt Preventative Medicine?