What are the main objectives of WHO complementary health practices?

The World Health Organization (WHO) has also become involved in the safety and efficacy of many complementary health practices. In 2002, it launched its first comprehensive traditional medicine strategy. Its main objectives include gathering more evidence on the safety, efficacy, and quality of traditional, complementary, and alternative medicine. It aims to ensure the availability and affordability of such medicine, including essential herbal medicines; and documenting traditional medicines and remedies.

Our Bodies, Ourselves: Pregnancy and Birth

ALL THE INFORMATION YOU NEED TO MAKE WISE DECISIONS ABOUT YOUR PREGNANCY AND THE BIRTH OF YOUR CHILD -- FROM THE EDITORS OF THE CLASSIC "BIBLE OF WOMEN'S HEALTH" Pregnancy and birth are as ordinary...

Continue Learning about Alternative Medicine

Music Soothes the Soul...and So Much More
If I told you there is something that could reduce chronic pain, improve your mood, decrease blood pressure, help stroke recovery, lower your heart ra...
How can I avoid buying alternative medicines that don't work?
The consumer market is flooded with alternative medicines that claim to be magic pills to improv...
What is complementary and alternative medicine (CAM)?
Purvi K. Shah, MDPurvi K. Shah, MD
According to the NIH, defining CAM is difficult, because the field is very broad and constantly chan...
What Is Holistic Healing?
What Is Holistic Healing?