Is light therapy a type of anti-itch treatment?

Light therapy or phototherapy is sometimes considered a treatment option in extreme cases of itchy skin. It is believed that exposure to ultraviolet light may help to relieve itching. However, this therapy can take several sessions to work and even after multiple sessions, success is not guaranteed.

Continue Learning about Alternative Medicine

What is Vastu Shastra?
Kulreet Chaudhary, MDKulreet Chaudhary, MD
Vastu Shastra is related to ayurvedic medicine; it looks at how the home is impacting the lives of t...
Is preventive medicine the same as alternative medicine?
Dr. David L. Katz, MD, MPHDr. David L. Katz, MD, MPH
Unlike preventive medicine, a more conventional medicine specialty, alternative medicine is not as s...
What are the health benefits of the inversion table?
JC Pinzon JC Pinzon
Gravitational traction is another way to treat pain from back problems. Herniated discs will have mo...
How Should I Eat to Keep My Chakras Balanced?