Is preventive medicine holistic?

Chris Kilham
Alternative & Complementary Medicine

Holistic means that something is approached from a total mind and body perspective. The ongoing prevention of disease via smart eating, exercise, relaxation, the judicious use of supplements, and doing what you love, is unquestionably holistic.

Andrew Weil
Alternative & Complementary Medicine
Preventive medicine is a specialty that focuses on prevention and lifestyle change, but is it holistic? In this video, Dr. Weil discusses the difference between preventive treatments and truly integrated healthcare.

Continue Learning about Alternative Medicine

What is Slow Medicine?
What is Slow Medicine?
In a world of fast food, instant messages and 24/7 availability, most of us want quick answers, especially when it comes to  our health. Most of us, t...
Is my body capable of healing itself?
Master Stephen CoMaster Stephen Co
Your body already heals itself. You may take antibiotics to combat infections, dose yourself with as...
How do magnolia bark supplements work to help me fall asleep?
Dr. Michael Breus, PhDDr. Michael Breus, PhD
Magnolia bark is a natural supplement that helps reduce anxiety, which may help you drift off to sle...
Is Preventative Medicine the Same as Alternative Medicine?