How can I have relaxing sounds at home or at the office?

Maoshing Ni, PhD, LAc
Geriatric Medicine
If your home or office is consistently overrun by disturbing sounds like traffic and construction, consider counteracting the noise with a subtle sound source. Try an indoor fountain with bubbling water to soothe your nerves. Wind chimes made from natural materials like bamboo or seashells also provide peace. For some, the sound of a grandfather clock brings serenity. Find the most calming sound to you and make it the background to your day.

Continue Learning about Alternative Medicine

When “Natural” Isn’t Safe
When “Natural” Isn’t Safe
Natural is in—because “natural” means safe, right? That’s not always the case. Arsenic is natural; so is hemlock (ask Socrates how that turned out), ...
How can I accelerate my body's natural healing process?
You can accelerate you body’s natural healing process by consuming a diet rich in fruits, vegetables...
Does cupping cause bruising?
St Francis Medical CenterSt Francis Medical Center
Cupping does not always cause bruising, although it can. There are two kinds of cupping. One is call...
What Is Acupressure?
What Is Acupressure?