How is artichoke extract taken?

Heidi Skolnik, MS
Sports Medicine
Artichoke extract is sold in capsules similar to a traditional multivitamin. The individual dose of each capsule ranges from about 300mg to 500mg, depending on the manufacturer. Suggested daily intake varies depending on the condition you're looking to alleviate, but most recommendations are for 2-3 daily doses.

Continue Learning about Alternative Medicine

When “Natural” Isn’t Safe
When “Natural” Isn’t Safe
Natural is in—because “natural” means safe, right? That’s not always the case. Arsenic is natural; so is hemlock (ask Socrates how that turned out), ...
Why should I tell my doctor about alternative medicines?
Dr. Robin Miller, MDDr. Robin Miller, MD
For good care you need to tell your doctor about all the alternative medicine practices you are doin...
What is the sequence of progressive sweeping exercises?
 This is related to the practice of Pranic healing, an alternative to conventional medicine.  Pranic...
What Is Ashwagandha?
What Is Ashwagandha?