How are hot and cold treatments used in bodywork?

To most of the bodywork therapies, practitioners use other tools to help boost healing through touch. For example, moist heat is frequently used to help decrease inflammation of a swollen or painful muscle or joint. When used along with deep muscle massage, the benefit may include greater range or motion or increased mobility. Cold therapies, such as ice packs, can reduce muscle spasms that come from joint problems or irritated nerves. Cold is the main treatment for pain caused by inflamed tissues and other swelling. It can stop the urge to scratch an itch and can sometimes relieve pain faster and longer than heat.
Miracle Touch: A Complete Guide to Hands-On Therapies That Have the Amazing Ability to Heal

Discover the Healing Power of Human TouchCurious about the benefits of touch therapy? Interest in hands-on therapies has skyrocketed, and even conventional physicians now embrace these treatments as...

Continue Learning about Alternative Medicine

Music Soothes the Soul...and So Much More
If I told you there is something that could reduce chronic pain, improve your mood, decrease blood pressure, help stroke recovery, lower your heart ra...
What should I look for regarding alternative medicine?
While a large number of complementary and alternative medicine (CAM) professionals have their patien...
What should I consider when using alternative medical treatment?
Natasha Turner, NDNatasha Turner, ND
When using alternative medical treatments, you want to properly vet the practitioner you are seeing,...
What Are Ways to Help People Be More Healthy?