What is the emotional freedom technique?

Jacob Teitelbaum
Integrative Medicine
There is a rather amazing yet very simple treatment called the “Emotional Freedom Technique” which can be very helpful at releasing old emotional traumas. In this simple process, the practitioner guides you through tapping certain acupressure points while you remember the trauma. While doing it, people usually feel the emotional trauma quickly drain away. As a physician, I initially considered it absurd that this technique could work ― until I tried it. The results are nothing short of astounding, and I highly recommend this technique for anyone suffering from phobias or emotional traumas (including abuse or post traumatic stress disorder). As a physician, it has been very humbling to see how many people can be helped by treatments that fall outside of traditional medicine.

Continue Learning about Alternative Medicine

5 Home Remedies Your Mom Was Actually Right About
Keep warm to avoid a cold or gargle with salt water to relieve a sore throat—these are just a few of the remedies your mom has suggested at one time o...
What are the benefits of inversion tables?
In past studies, inversion therapy has been shown to decrease back pain by providing traction to...
Is preventive medicine the same as alternative medicine?
Dr. David L. Katz, MD, MPHDr. David L. Katz, MD, MPH
Unlike preventive medicine, a more conventional medicine specialty, alternative medicine is not as s...
Relieve Chronic Pain With Massage and More