Can the sound of the ocean help me sleep?

If your busy schedule doesn’t leave you much time for vacation, bring the relaxing sounds of the ocean right into your own bedroom. For around a dollar, you can download a relaxing ocean sound online. You’ve probably experienced how soothing the sound of lapping waves can be, but new research shows that ocean sounds can actually slow your breathing and lower your heart rate as your body matches their rhythms, dramatically decreasing stress as you prepare for sleep.

Continue Learning about Alternative Medicine

Music Soothes the Soul...and So Much More
If I told you there is something that could reduce chronic pain, improve your mood, decrease blood pressure, help stroke recovery, lower your heart ra...
What is Slow Medicine?
What is Slow Medicine?
In a world of fast food, instant messages and 24/7 availability, most of us want quick answers, especially when it comes to  our health. Most of us, t...
Are practitioners of alternative medicine licensed?
Elissa MullenElissa Mullen
This is a very important question. Every Alternative Medical Field has a licensing process. Educatio...
Why are some doctors resistant to alternative medicine?
Doctors who practice conventional mainstream medicine are often very resistant to alternative me...