What alternative therapies can help treat cancer?

Integrative medicine and wellness services can supplement traditional cancer treatments such as chemotherapy, surgery and radiation therapy. While conventional medicine plays a critical role in eradicating cancer, integrative medicine and wellness programs offer people with cancer and their families ways to enhance the quality of their lives, minimize or reduce the side effects of cancer and cancer treatment, and promote healing and recovery.

Alternative therapies that can help people cope with the cancer experience and improve their overall sense of well-being include:
  • Acupuncture
  • Diet and nutrition
  • Mindfulness-based stress reduction therapy
  • Reiki and massage
  • Reiki therapy
  • Yoga
  • Exercise/rehabilitation

Continue Learning about Alternative & Complementary Care for Cancers

Should I talk to my doctor about my lymphangiomatosis?
If you have lymphangiomatosis, you should talk with your doctor about treatment options. The conditi...
Are there alternative treatments for penile cancer?
Alternative treatments exist for penile cancer but, like alternative treatments for any disease, the...
What are the treatment options for lymphangiomatosis?
Treatment for lymphangiomatosis can take a variety of forms. Surgery can be performed to remove the ...
Can Natural Medicines Be Safely Used with Cancer Therapy?