Individuals wanting to use aloe vera should follow recommended dosing on package labeling. Talk to your doctor about proper use of this herb. Use of oral aloe vera for a week may result in dependency on aloe vera or constipation that worsens after use has stopped. Using aloe vera gel for a prolonged period of time can lead to allergic reactions including hives or an eczema-like rash.
- Q How does aloe vera interact with other medications and foods?
- Q Who should not take aloe vera?
- Q What are the health benefits and risks of aloe vera?
- Q Does aloe help with constipation?
- Q What herbs and supplements can interact with aloe?
- Q What dosage of aloe is typically used for adults?