Individuals wanting to use aloe vera should follow recommended dosing on package labeling. Talk to your doctor about proper use of this herb. Use of oral aloe vera for a week may result in dependency on aloe vera or constipation that worsens after use has stopped. Using aloe vera gel for a prolonged period of time can lead to allergic reactions including hives or an eczema-like rash.
- Q What dosage of aloe is typically used for children?
- Q Are aloe supplements safe for pregnant or nursing women?
- Q What is the difference between OTC aloe vera and prescription aloe vera?
- Q Should I let my doctor know if I'm taking aloe vera?
- Q What herbs and supplements can interact with aloe?
- Q What should I avoid while taking aloe vera?