Should I let my doctor know if I'm taking aloe vera?

Herbs such as aloe vera are not strictly regulated by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration. There are no absolute standards of purity, safety, and effectiveness and it is important to talk to your doctor about all herbs, supplements, OTC medications, and prescription medications you are taking. Inform your healthcare provider about all alternative and complementary medicine therapies you are using.

Continue Learning about Aloe

Can liquid aloe vera help stop bad breath?
Some people believe that the digestive cleansing ability of aloe vera may help improve bad breat...
Are there any side effects of aloe vera?
MediGuardMediGuard
Based on information from iGuard.org, a free medication monitoring service, 8% of patients experien...
What is the maximum daily dosage of aloe vera?
Individuals wanting to use aloe vera should follow recommended dosing on package labeling. Talk to y...
What are the health benefits and risks of aloe vera?
Arthur W. Perry, MDArthur W. Perry, MD
Aloe Vera sap actually contains at least 13 different drugs. And some of these do inhibit tumors and...