Should I let my doctor know if I'm taking aloe vera?

Herbs such as aloe vera are not strictly regulated by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration. There are no absolute standards of purity, safety, and effectiveness and it is important to talk to your doctor about all herbs, supplements, OTC medications, and prescription medications you are taking. Inform your healthcare provider about all alternative and complementary medicine therapies you are using.

Continue Learning about Aloe

Are there any side effects of aloe vera?
MediGuardMediGuard
Based on information from iGuard.org, a free medication monitoring service, 8% of patients experien...
What is the difference between OTC aloe vera and prescription aloe vera?
Aloe vera is available over-the-counter mixed with other ingredients or in its pure form. There are ...
What is the maximum daily dosage of aloe vera?
Individuals wanting to use aloe vera should follow recommended dosing on package labeling. Talk to y...
How does aloe vera interact with other medications and foods?
Aloe vera, when taken orally, can interact with oral diabetes medications and cause hypoglycemia (lo...