What should I tell other people about my allergy?

It's very important to alert others about allergies, especially if they are severe and life-threatening (for example, you have difficulty breathing if you come into contact with the particular agent). Medical alert tags are the easiest way to alert others to your allergy, especially if you are unable to do so yourself for some reason. It's important to keep in mind instances when you could potentially be exposed to your allergen, as well, like eating at a restaurant that may have peanuts in the food, and you should always alert your waiter and others to your allergy.

Continue Learning about Allergies

6 Fall Allergy Fixes
6 Fall Allergy Fixes
The crisp bite of the fall air means scarves, sweaters and playing in big piles of leaves. Unfortunately though, thanks to those leaves and other alle...
What are oral antihistamines?
The most commonly used oral antihistamines are second generation antihistamines such as loratidine (...
5 Surprising Allergy Triggers
5 Surprising Allergy Triggers5 Surprising Allergy Triggers5 Surprising Allergy Triggers5 Surprising Allergy Triggers
Watch out for these unexpected causes of allergy flare-ups.
Tame Your Allergies With Yogurt
Tame Your Allergies With Yogurt