What should I tell other people about my allergy?

It's very important to alert others about allergies, especially if they are severe and life-threatening (for example, you have difficulty breathing if you come into contact with the particular agent). Medical alert tags are the easiest way to alert others to your allergy, especially if you are unable to do so yourself for some reason. It's important to keep in mind instances when you could potentially be exposed to your allergen, as well, like eating at a restaurant that may have peanuts in the food, and you should always alert your waiter and others to your allergy.

Continue Learning about Allergies

Feel Like Your Allergies Are Worse This Season? It's Not Your Imagination
If you have allergies, you may have noticed your symptoms getting worse with each passing year, a trend many experts attribute to rising temperatures ...
Allergies: Is Cleanliness at the Root of the Problem?
"Don't touch that, it's dirty!" Modern society doesn't like germs. In fact, we've become so obsessed with cleanliness that we go to great lengths to p...
What are symptoms of anaphylaxis (anaphylactic shock)?
American Red CrossAmerican Red Cross
Signals of anaphylaxis include: A rash  Tightness in the chest and throat  Swelling of the face...
What Causes Allergies?
What Causes Allergies?