What is anaphylaxis in children?

Vandana  R. Sheth
Anaphylaxis is a serious allergic reaction that is rapid in progression and can cause death.  Food, medication, insect stings and latex are the common causes of anaphylaxis.  Children with a history of allergies and asthma are at higher risk for developing anaphylaxis and it is very important that they keep an Epipen (self-injectable epinephrine) with them at all times.

Continue Learning about Allergies

When should I see a doctor about my allergies?
Sky Ridge Medical CenterSky Ridge Medical Center
If you're part of the 10 to 30 percent of people who have allergy symptoms, you may want to know whe...
Is there a relationship between eczema and allergies?
There is a relationship between eczema and allergies. Both are reactions that stimulate the producti...
Tips to Prevent Asthma
Tips to Prevent Asthma
How Do You Diagnose an Allergy?
How Do You Diagnose an Allergy?