What should I do if I'm allergic to bees and get stung?

If you know you're allergic to bees, you should always have an epinephrine pen on hand. You can get a prescription for this from your doctor. If you don't have an epinephrine pen, you may take Benadryl. But you should also see a healthcare professional as soon as possible. Bee stings can be serious for people who are allergic to them. 
If an EpiPen (epinephrine) is not available, patients should go to the emergency room for an allergic reaction to a bee sting. In this video, I will explain treatment of these allergic reactions.

Continue Learning about Allergies

Allergies

Allergies

About one out of five Americans suffers from allergies. An allergy is an exaggerated response from the immune system to a substance such as dust, pollen, pet dander or mold. Other common triggers include foods such as peanuts and ...

milk; insect bites; and certain ingredients in cosmetics and jewelry. Allergies can cause anything from rashes and hives to itchy eyes, sneezing, coughing, diarrhea, vomiting, and wheezing.