What should I do if I'm allergic to bees and get stung?

If you know you're allergic to bees, you should always have an epinephrine pen on hand. You can get a prescription for this from your doctor. If you don't have an epinephrine pen, you may take Benadryl. But you should also see a healthcare professional as soon as possible. Bee stings can be serious for people who are allergic to them. 
If an EpiPen (epinephrine) is not available, patients should go to the emergency room for an allergic reaction to a bee sting. In this video, I will explain treatment of these allergic reactions.

Continue Learning about Allergies

Don't Let Pollen Ruin Your Workout
Don't Let Pollen Ruin Your Workout
Staying in the groove of an exercise routine can be challenging enough. Add seasonal allergies into the mix and between the runny nose, watery eyes, c...
How can an allergic reaction become life threatening?
American Red CrossAmerican Red Cross
Allergic reactions can cause breathing problems. At first the reaction may appear to be just a rash ...
5 Surprising Allergy Triggers
5 Surprising Allergy Triggers5 Surprising Allergy Triggers5 Surprising Allergy Triggers5 Surprising Allergy Triggers
Watch out for these unexpected causes of allergy flare-ups.
Is There a Way to Prevent Allergies?
Is There a Way to Prevent Allergies?