1) Immunity: Imbalanced immunity, chemical and allergic priming phenomenon.
2) Foods: You are eating foods that relate to your environmental allergies. This is called ''Pollen-Food Allergy" or oral allergy syndrome (OAS). Depending on the pollen cross-over, certain fruit, nuts, or veggies cause the person sensitive to the pollen to be sensitive to the related food.
- Alder pollen: almonds, apples, celery, cherries, hazel nuts, peaches, pears, parsley, strawberry, raspberry
- Birch pollen: almonds, apples, apricots, avocados, bananas, carrots, celery, cherries, chicory, coriander, fennel, fig, hazel nuts, kiwifruit, nectarines, parsley, parsnips, peaches, pears, peppers, plums, potatoes, prunes, soy, strawberries, wheat; Potential: walnuts
- Grass pollen: fig, melons, tomatoes, oranges
- Mugwort pollen: carrots, celery, coriander, fennel, parsley, peppers, sunflower
- Ragweed pollen: banana, cantaloupe, cucumber, green pepper, paprika, sunflower seeds/oil, honeydew, watermelon, zucchini, echinacea, artichoke, dandelions, honey (if bees pollinate from wild flowers), hibiscus or chamomile tea
4) Taking pollens to bed: Taking pollens to bed with you!
5) When natural isn't good: Using natural remedies for other problems that also cause aggravate your allergies (ie. Chamomile, Echinacea, Dandelion, etc)