Is there a relationship between eczema and allergies?

There is a relationship between eczema and allergies. Both are reactions that stimulate the production of an antibody called IgE when a person is exposed to an allergen. Eczema and allergies often run in families and can be passed from generation to generation. 

Continue Learning about Allergies

Know Before You Go: What Is an Allergy Test Like?
If you have allergies, you’re not alone. More than 50 million Americans have allergies, making them the sixth most common cause of chronic illness. Bu...
What are some common myths about allergies?
Not everything you hear about allergies is true. There are a handful of myths. Fall for them and...
5 Surprising Allergy Triggers
5 Surprising Allergy Triggers5 Surprising Allergy Triggers5 Surprising Allergy Triggers5 Surprising Allergy Triggers
Watch out for these unexpected causes of allergy flare-ups.
How Can I Know If I Have a Dairy Allergy?